Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Gift!

Life is a gift. But sometimes getting the wrapping paper off is tough. We all want to see what is inside that wrapping paper. Because for most of us a present is something exciting and fun. It is the same for us with OLA - he is a gift but it can be very difficult to get under the outside packaging too truly see him. Most people only ever see the wrapping paper on the outside. Be that paper pretty or ugly.  This last weekend was a difficult one. We had multiple melt downs. But after an inspirational moment at church I had the thought "do I see my son as God sees him?" You would think as his parent this would be a given. However, it is not - I too get caught up in seeing only the wrapping paper and not diving into look underneath to find the gift.  Although this insight doesn't change the struggles and challenges it does change how we deal with them. When I try to see OLA as God does I spend less time on the wrapping paper and more on trying to bring out the gift. Those waves that crash against the shore are very hard at times but when I find the true gift it makes the swim worth while. To my special little angel and his special big brother - You are both incredibly awesome and true miracles in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment